Sign up for our weekly newsletter
2023 Tax Code Updates from TCJA Business ProvisionsCode: 24-TCUPBUS
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of forms the current foundation of the US tax code. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is organized into four primary sections of: Individual Tax Reform, Business Tax Reform, Exempt Organizations and International provisions. This is an updated course for 2023 that will provide a thorough review of the Business Tax Reform portion of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Bill (H.R.1.) as well as any changes for 2023. Part 1 of this course will provide a summary description of all provisions referenced in the Business Tax Reform section of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. It will identify which sections changed when the tax law was enacted in 2018 and which were updated for 2023. Each provision will reference a more detailed description of the provision in Part 2 of this course. The detailed description will review the pre-2018 law, provide a detailed description of the changes for 2018 and identify the effective date that the provision became effective.
• Review the Business Tax Reform provisions and identify the provisions that have been changed,
the provisions that were not changed, and those that were updated for 2023;
• Identify the modified corporate tax rates for tax years beginning after December 31, 2017;
• Recognize the new charitable contribution rules that apply to corporations;
• Identify where to find more information about each provision in part 2 of this course; and
• Identify the effective date for all provisions in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 13 Hours
Program Level: Update
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of federal tax code.
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
No reviews yet.