Sign up for our weekly newsletter
Information Security - Network Security for IC AssuranceCode: 24-INFONET
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
Internal control requires that the information systems in a company are secure, reliable, and can be trusted. Cyberattacks and data breaches represent the greatest threat to most company’s today. Network security for internal control assurance is a course that will describe the importance of network security for all types of businesses and practices. This course will identify the vulnerabilities and define safeguards for computers, networks, networking components, software applications, and mobile devices. This course will describe the threats that can compromise the computers and company data such as viruses, trojans and phishing. This course will describe some simple steps that users can take to properly protect themselves from any threats that penetrate the network and protect confidential company data. Finally, this course will discuss how to create a data security plan and an information security risk management plan along with some recommendations and best-practices for keeping networks safe.
- Identify what a network is along with the different components that make up a network.
- Identify the importance of network security for CPAs and Tax Practitioners.
- Identify the different types of network security that contribute to a comprehensive information security protocol.
- Define the term “identify theft” and recognize how identify theft most commonly occurs.
- Recognize why CPAs and Tax Professionals are being targeted by cybercriminals,
- Recognize the importance of encrypting client data
- Identify the importance of creating internal controls and a security plan to protect client data
Presentation Method: Self-Study
Category: Information Technology
CPE credit: 7 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
No reviews yet.