Accounts Payable ControlsCode: 24-AP
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
Introduction to the CourseControls around the procurement of goods including the purchasing, receiving, and accounts payable processes are important for companies that want to procure goods effectively at fair prices. A clear understanding of the key controls in a process can benefit internal auditors, business managers, and others who want to understand, improve, or audit the process. The course allows participants to become familiar with, or brush up on, internal control definitions and concepts. Participants will also learn the key accounts payable process activities as well as specific controls related to the accounts payable process. Learning objectives for this course are listed below.
- Recognize the definition of internal control along with internal control conceptsincluding the continuum of internal controls for businesses, approaches for addinginternal controls, and balancing costs of an evolving internal controls systems.
- Properly identify risk categories including internal and external risk in addition toinherent and residual risk.
- Recognize the typical fraud risk factors as well as the components of the FraudTriangle and Fraud Diamond.
- Recognize the principles to keep in mind when constructing internal controls aswell as the limitations or conceptual failings of internal controls.
- Properly identify internal control categories including preventative or detectivecontrols and manual or automated controls.
- Recognize the primary steps required to construct a system of internal controls aswell as COSO’s Internal Control – Integrated Framework and the Sarbanes OxleyAct.
- Properly identify the three primary accounts payable activities.
- Properly identify the key documents in the accounts payable process.
- Recognize the process specific controls related to the accounts payable process.
- Properly identify additional accounts payable process considerations and periodicmonitoring analysis and other procedures for the accounts payable process.
Recommended CPE Hours: 4
Level of knowledge: Update
Prerequisite: Basic understanding of Accounting
Advanced Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase