Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
Accounting for Software SalesCode: 23-SOFTSALES
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
This course provides an overview of the accounting for the costs of software to be sold, leased, or marketed. The accounting, reporting, and disclosure requirements related to this type of software is prescribed by ASC Topic 985-20. This course primarily addresses the concept of technological feasibility and how this impacts the cost classification of software development costs. The course also addresses the respective presentation and disclosure requirements.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between the different areas of U.S. GAAP related to software
- Recognize software that is within the scope of ASC Topic 985-20
- Identify how software costs are recorded prior to and after establishing technological feasibility
- Recognize how amortization is recorded for capitalized software costs
- Identify general disclosure requirements related to software for resale
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 1.5 Hour
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
No reviews yet.