Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
Accounting for Software - Internal Use & External SalesCode: 23-INTEXT
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
This course provides an overview of the accounting for software, including both internal-use software as well as software that will be sold to third parties. The accounting, reporting, and disclosure requirements related to software depends on the nature of the software, and whether it will be used internally by an entity or will be marketed to its customers. For internal-use software, the guidance is prescribed by ASC Topic 350-40. On the other hand, the guidance related to software to be marketed and sold is prescribed by ASC Topic 985-20.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between software that is considered internal-use and not considered internal-use
- Recognize how implementation costs are accounted for in various stages of software development
- Identify when capitalization and amortization should commence
- Recognize how implementation costs of hosting arrangements are accounted for differently
- Recognize software that is within the scope of ASC Topic 985-20
- Identify how software costs are recorded prior to and after establishing technological feasibility
- Recognize how amortization is recorded for capitalized software costs
- Identify general disclosure requirements related to software for resale
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 2.5 Hour
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
No reviews yet.