Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
Recognizing Assets & Liabilities in a Business CombinationCode: 23-COMBAN
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
Recognizing assets acquired and liabilities assumed in a business combination is a critical step in applying the acquisition method process to business combinations. This step is also one of the more significant steps involved in a business combination transaction. Given the importance of the recognition of assets and liabilities, it’s critical that you have a good understanding of the principles and requirements related to this step in the process. This course provides an in-depth overview of this step based on the standards prescribed by Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) Topic 805 (“Business Combinations”)
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the steps within the acquisition method for business combinations
- Identify overall recognition conditions for intangible assets
- Distinguish between different categories of intangibles assets
- Recognize the accounting alternative available for private and not-for-profit entities
- Identify overall measurement principles including specific exceptions
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 2 Hour
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
No reviews yet.