Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
GAAP Hot Topics - What You Need to KnowCode: 23-GAAPHOT
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
This course provides an overview of several of the key accounting and reporting topics within U.S. GAAP. This includes a discussion of accounting for business combinations, revenue recognition principles, and leasing transactions. This course also address topics such as goodwill impairment, segment reporting, how to account for software (both internal-use and for resale) as well as requirements related to accounting changes and error corrections.
After reading the materials, participants will able to:
- Identify the definition of a business as it relates to a business combination transaction
- List the five steps involved in the new revenue recognition model
- Determine whether an arrangement contains a lease
- Identify the recognition requirements related to goodwill
- Identify key characteristics of operating segments
- Distinguish between software that is considered internal-use and not considered internal-use
- List the different types of accounting changes and how they affect an entity’s financial statements
- Differentiate between a GAAP financial measure and a non-GAAP financial measure
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 16 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
No reviews yet.