Celebrating 25 years serving our friends and customers!
Inflation Reduction Act SummaryCode: 24-INFLATION2
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
- For most of 2022, it was doubtful that Congress would enact any tax legislation. However, Democrats were finally able to negotiate and pass the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) in August 2022. This course summarizes the tax legislation embodied in the IRA permitting students to advise clients on how these changes can impact tax planning.
- This course is an overview providing reference to selected individual, business, and corporate tax provisions enacted, extended, or modified by the IRA. The resulting major tax changes carry special meaning to the tax practitioner and return preparer. The course emphasizes a general overview of energy tax credits and incentives, taxes and fees on fossil fuel, major features of the reinstated corporate AMT, electric vehicles, stock repurchases, and selected non-tax aspects of the legislation.
- The course is intended to be a resource for tax professionals and staff alike to gain easy access to the most important major changes enacted by the IRA.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
1. Apply changes imposed by the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) relating to credits allowed for the individual acquisition of qualified electric vehicles and energy-efficient home improvements and property.
2. Recognize a wide spectrum of renewable energy credits and the application of the prevailing wage and apprenticeship requirements.
3. Specify key IRA business and Medicare provisions, including energy-efficient buildings, corporate AMT, loss limits, and drug reforms.
Presentation Method: QAS Self-Study
CPE credit: 2 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase