Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
Choice of Entity - Mini CourseCode: 22-COE2
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:This comprehensive book describes and compares sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies, “C” corporations and “S” corporations. It examines their advantages and disadvantages, permitting the reader to properly select the right business entity for their tax and liability needs. Major emphasis is given the maximization of tax benefits in each business format. Fringe benefits, retirement plan alternatives, and nonqualified deferred compensation are discussed in detail.
Course Objectives:After reading the materials, participants will be able to:
1. Compare and contrast the central differences among business entities and the advantages and disadvantages associated with five basic business entity types.
2. Explain the tax attributes sole proprietorships, partnerships, LLCs, S corporations and C corporations and how each entity can be used to enhance tax and financial purposes and objectives.
3. Direct clients about the unique (e.g., self employment) and general taxes applicable to particular entities and the tax forms that may be required.
4. Describe the basic deductions that are permissible for each entity type and the conditions under which they are allowed.
5. Summarize the tax years, accounting methods and valuation methods that each entity type may use, and how the entities can be terminated.
6. Determine for different entity types the basis and the tax effect of sales, exchanges, transfers, contributions and distributions.
Presentation Method: QAS Self-Study
CPE credit: 3 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase