2021 Estate, Gift and Generation Skipping Transfer TaxesCode: 21-TRFR
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
Estate taxes are one of the taxes covered by the IRSís unified transfer tax system. Estate taxes are designed to collect taxes from transferring property at death. Proper planning can save a substantial amount of money in taxes. This course will discuss estate planning and estate taxes. This course will describe the tools that are available for estate planning and will define the benefits of using each tool. This course will describe how to identify what is included in the gross estate and demonstrate how to calculate the gross estate amounts.
At the end of this course, students will be
- Describe estate taxes and the purpose of estate taxes according to the Internal Revenue Code (IRC),
- Identify the various types of trusts that can be used for estate planning,
- Recognize what is included in the gross estate of a decedent,
- Calculate the gross estate of a decedent,
- Recognize the various deductions and credits available when calculating the gross estate of a decedent, and
- Describe the purpose of Generation Skipping Transfers and the Generation Skipping Transfer Tax according to the IRC.
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 8 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
For more information regarding refunds, complaints, or cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 817-477-0222.
American CPE, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to: National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Ave. North, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
NASBA Sponsor number 108096
Assets, Income and Cash
Thorough treatment of many issues
Was this helpful?