Sign up for our weekly newsletter
Tax Treatment of Sickness and Injury PlansCode: 21-TAXSICK
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
In this course we will look at Health insurance which is so central to the health and well-being of people that it may be hard for many. Americans to believe it could ever have been a less important factor in helping to promote good health than it is today. In fact, health insurance as it is recognized today is a relatively recent development. Since the early development of health insurance coverage, many changes have occurred in the manner in which health care services are delivered and paid for. Among those changes is the emergence of various tax-favored health plans. This course will examine many of those tax-favored health plans.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the tax treatment of premiums for and benefits from health insurance policies;
- Apply the rules governing health savings accounts and Archer medical savings
- Recognize the tax treatment of health reimbursement accounts;
- Compare the tax treatment of employer-paid and individually-paid disability income
- Apply the tax rules governing business-related disability coverage; and
- Identify the tax treatment of long term care insurance.
CPE credit: 2 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
No reviews yet.