Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
Implementing the New Revenue StandardCode: 21-REV
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Objectives: The objective of this course is to address the new revenue standard in ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, and its related updates, and provide guidance to nonpublic (private) entities who are required to implement the standard starting in 2019.
Program Content: Topics include and overview of the new standard and its core principle, an analysis of each of the five steps required in the revenue model, selected issues encompassing principal versus agent considerations, dealing with warranties, bill-and-hold arrangements, and consignment transaction. The course also addresses how to account for contract costs, financial statement presentation of revenue-related accounts, disclosures, and transition methods and guidance.
- Identify an example of recognition of revenue prematurely
- Identify one of the five steps to apply the new revenue standard
- Recall a condition that must be met to identify a separate performance obligation
- Identify methods authorized to estimate variable consideration in a contract
- Recognize information that can be used to allocate the transaction price to performance obligations
- Identify two methods that are used to record revenue in Step 5 of the revenue standard
- Recognize how to account for the transfer of a product with a right to return
- Recognize the requirement that must be met for a company be considered a principal in a revenuetransaction
- Recall the general rule that determines whether an entity should record revenue gross or net
- Identify different types of warranties accounted for under the revenue standard
- Identify different types of intellectual property subject to the licensing rules in the revenue standard
- Recognize an example of a prepaid stored-value product
- Recall how an entity should account for breakage related to prepaid stored-value products
- Recall how certain contract costs are accounted for under the revenue standard
- Recognize certain disclosures required by the revenue standard for nonpublic entities, and
- Recall an applicable financial statement (AFS).
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 8 Hours
Program Level: Basic to intermediate
Prerequisites: General understanding of U.S. GAAP
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
For more information regarding refunds, complaints, or cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 817-477-0222.
American CPE, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to: National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Ave. North, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
NASBA Sponsor number 108096
No reviews yet.