Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
Practice Before the IRSCode: 21-IRSPR
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
The Internal Revenue Service routinely processes more than 200 million tax returns each year, many of them prepared by tax professionals. Not surprisingly, as tax law becomes increasingly complex, taxpayers often seek the assistance of knowledgeable professionals to represent them with respect to tax and other matters before the IRS. However, the ability to represent a client before the IRS is, with certain exceptions, extremely limited. This course addresses the nature of practice before the IRS, identifies those permitted to engage in such practice and examines the power of attorney under which a taxpayer authorizes representation before the IRS.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define “practice before the Internal Revenue Service”;
- Recognize the general scope of permitted enrolled agent practice responsibilities;
- Identify the extent of practice privileges possessed by individuals permitted to practice before the IRS;
- Describe the nature and function of a tax power of attorney and identify the acts that may be performed for a client under it; and
- Understand how to withdraw from and revoke an existing tax power of attorney.
Presentation Method: QAS Self-Study
CPE credit: 2 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
For more information regarding refunds, complaints, or cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 817-477-0222.
American CPE, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
NASBA Sponsor number 108096
No reviews yet.