Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
2021 Individual Retirement AccountsCode: 21-IRA
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
Individual retirement accounts are investing tools that permit individuals to set aside money for retirement in a way that is preferential from a tax tandpoint. This course will review the following types of IRA account types: Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, SIMPLE IRAs and SEP IRAs. This course will describe who is allowed to open and contribute to an IRA account during the taxable year. This course will identify when contributes are deductible and when they are not deductible. This course will describe the time allowed to rollover distributions and the ramifications of not completing rollovers within the allotted time. Finally, this course will describe when taxpayers are permitted to take distributions from an IRA account.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the requirements for serving as a trustee for an IRA account.
- Recognize the requirements for opening a traditional IRA account.
- Recognize the maximum contribution that can be made by a taxpayer to an IRA account.
- Calculate the amount of for a partial deduction to an IRA account.
- Identify when a taxpayer must start receiving distributions form an IRA account.
- Calculate the amount of minimum distributions from an IRA account.
- Recognize prohibited transactions for an IRA account.
- Recognize the maximum contribution that can be made by a taxpayer to a Roth IRA account.
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 4 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
I took the course and learned many details that were previously hidden in the law. The course is well-structured so that the concept is presented, the analysis is given and the code sections supporting them are presented.
2 of 3 customers found this helpful.
Was this helpful?