Principles of Financial Statement PresentationCode: 21-FSPRES
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
This course provides an overview of the key presentation requirements with respect to an entitys financial statements. This includes a discussion of key principles related to an entitys overall presentation as well as specific topics with respect to its balance sheet, income statement, comprehensive income, statement of cash flows, as well as notes to the financial statements. The course also addresses the considerations around changes in accounting principles. The information related to this course is primarily sourced from the Financial Standards Accounting Boards (FASB)Accounting Standards Codification (ASC).
After reading the materials, participants will be able to:
- Recognize overall financial statement presentation requirement
- Identify requirements for discontinued operations and liquidation basis of accounting reporting
- Determine when certain balance sheet accounts can be offset
- Identify presentation requirements for the income statement and comprehensive income
- List the different methods used for statement of cash flow presentation
- Differentiate between operating, financing, and investing activities in the statement of cash flows
- Identify disclosure requirements with respect to an entity’s accounting policies
- Recognize the requirements regarding changes in accounting principles
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 4 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
For more information regarding refunds, complaints, or cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 817-477-0222.
American CPE, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to: National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Ave. North, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
NASBA Sponsor number 108096
No reviews yet.