Healthcare Reform - Affordable Care Act Tax ProvisionsCode: 21-AFFORDCARE
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
The landmark legislation known as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), signed into law in 2010, is likely to affect virtually every person and institution in the United States in some way. It imposes healthcare-related requirements on health plans, health insurers, employers and
individuals. In addition to imposing various tax increases to increase revenue, the PPACA uses a carrot and stick approach to ensure compliance with its provisions, offering tax credits for compliance and imposing tax penalties for non-compliance. This course will review the principal provisions of the law and will examine its tax impact on individuals and businesses.
In so doing, it will consider the:
Coverage-related provisions of the PPACA addressing
- Plan grandfathering pursuant to which health coverage in force at the time of the law's passage may be continued,
- The prohibition of pre-existing condition exclusions,
- The proscription of lifetime and annual benefit limits,
- The limitation of health coverage rescissions,
- The requirement for certain patient protections,
- The general requirement for universal health care coverage, and
- The requirement that plans covering children extend child coverage until age 26;
- Tax credits available to small businesses to encourage them to sponsor employee health plans;
- Shared responsibility for certain large employers to provide employee health coverage and the tax penalties imposed for noncompliance;
- Various personal income tax changes affecting taxpayers; and
- Tax credits and tax penalties authorized to help enforce the PPACA requirement that individuals maintain minimum essential coverage.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
Presentation Method: QAS Self-Study
CPE credit: 5
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
For more information regarding refunds, complaints, or cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 817-477-0222.
American CPE, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
NASBA Sponsor number 108096
No reviews yet.