Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
Accounting for Business CombinationsCode: 21-ACCTCOMB
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
This course provides an in-depth overview of the accounting and reporting requirements with respect to business combinations as prescribed byFinancial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) Topic 805, Business Combinations. The overall objective of the guidance included within ASC 805 is to improve the relevance, representational faithfulness, and comparability of the information that a reporting entity provides in its financial reports about a business combination and its effects. Note that this course reflects changes issued through ASU No. 2017-01.
After reading the materials, participants will be able to:
- Identify the definition of a business as it relates to a business combination transaction
- List the steps involved in the acquisition method
- Identify the acquisition date for a business combination
- Recognize principles and exceptions in the measurement of assets and liabilities of a business combination
- Differentiate between the various categories of intangible assets
- Recognize how to measure goodwill and gains from bargain purchases
- Identify the measurement period for business combinations
- Recognize financial statement disclosures related to business combinations
- Identify the relief afforded to private entities with respect to accounting for business combinations
- Differentiate between measurement principles of business combinations and asset acquisitions
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 4 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase