Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
Ethics Training for Texas CPAsCode: 20-ETXB
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
This is an ethics course for Texas CPAs covering standards of professional conduct and business practices adhered to in order to enhance their profession and maximize idealism, justice and fairness when dealing with the public, clients and other members of their profession. It provides a background on ethical principles and values, ethical codes and requirements included in the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, and a focus on the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Rules of Professional Conduct. It also presents an approach to coping with ethical dilemmas, the Sarbanes‐Oxley Act and its impact on business ethics, new internal control requirements, and the responsibilities for Texas CPAs. The rules will be supplemented with case studies and enforcement actions that the Board has taken. The intention is to provide you with precise text from the Board, along with supplemental information to help understand real‐life situations or nuances.
After reading the materials, participants will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of ethics.
- Recognize ethical reasoning used by accountants.
- Differentiate between rulings and principles of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Identify the six principles and list the eleven rules of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Identifyindependence and objectivity issues using thethreats and safeguards approach, a conceptual
- Recognize ethics rulings on independence.
Presentation Method: Self-Study
Category: Regulatory Ethics
CPE credit: 4 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
No reviews yet.