Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
The New Lease Accounting StandardsCode: 21-NEWLEASE
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
This course provides an in-depth overview of the new lease accounting standards issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) in February 2016. This includes a discussion of the primary reasons for the change as well as how to identify a lease within a contract. This course also provides an in-depth review of lease classification, initial measurement, subsequent measurement, presentation & disclosure, as well as transition requirements. The course concludes with a discussion of some of the significant differences between IFRS 16 (the IASB’s new lease accounting standard) as well as private company considerations.
· Recognize how the new leasing standard has evolved and how the new standard is organized
· Determine whether an arrangement contains a lease
· Identify considerations with respect to substitution rights and decision-making rights
· Identify the criteria for the new finance lease and short-term leases
· Recognize the new recognition and measurement requirements for both lessees and lessors
· Identify the recognition criteria for sales-type, direct financing, and operating leases
· Identify the overall requirements with respect to lease modifications
· Identify the criteria used for sale and leaseback transactions
· Identify the considerations with respect to a lessee’s involvement in construction of a leased asset
· Identify the presentation requirements for both lessees and lessors
· Recognize both qualitative and quantitative disclosure requirements for both lessees and lessors
· Identify the effective date for the new lease accounting standards
· Identify the significant differences between ASC 842 and IFRS 16
· Recognize considerations of and alternatives provided to private companies
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 4 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
For more information regarding refunds, complaints, or cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 817-477-0222.
American CPE, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to: National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Ave. North, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
NASBA Sponsor number 108096
No reviews yet.