Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
Professional Ethics for UtahCode: 20-EUT
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
This is a 4 hour course for Utahcovering standards of professional conduct and business practices adhered to by accountants such as CPAs in order to enhance their profession and maximize idealism, justice and fairness when dealing with the public, clients and other members of their profession. It also presents the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct and an approach ‐‐the threats and safeguards approach to coping with ethical dilemmas.The course includes one CPE hour of education on the Utah Certified Public Accountant Licensing Act and Certified Public Accountant Licensing Act Rules, and 3 CPE hours of ethics.
After reading the materials, participants will be able to:
- Recognize ethical reasoning used by accountants.
- Identify different principles and rules of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Identify independence and objectivity issues.
- Recognize ethical standards and violations.
- Identify the key issues of corporate responsibility law (Sarbanes‐Oxley act) that influence auditor independence.
- Identify licensing and disciplinary mechanisms within the profession.
- Identify the requirements of CPAs as highlighted in the Utah CPA Licensing Act and Rules.
Presentation Method: QAS Self-Study
Category: Regulatory Ethics
CPE credit: 4 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
No reviews yet.