Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
Principles of Financial Statement PresentationCode: 21-FSPRES
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
This course provides an overview of the key presentation requirements with respect to an entity’s financial statements. This includes a discussion of key principles related to an entity’s overall presentation as well as specific topics with respect to its balance sheet, income statement, comprehensive income, statement of cash flows, as well as notes to the financial statements. The course also addresses the considerations around changes in accounting principles. The information related to this course is primarily sourced from the Financial Standards Accounting Board’s (FASB)Accounting Standards Codification (ASC).
After reading the materials, participants will be able to:
- Recognize overall financial statement presentation requirement
- Identify requirements for discontinued operations and liquidation basis of accounting reporting
- Determine when certain balance sheet accounts can be offset
- Identify presentation requirements for the income statement and comprehensive income
- List the different methods used for statement of cash flow presentation
- Differentiate between operating, financing, and investing activities in the statement of cash flows
- Identify disclosure requirements with respect to an entitys accounting policies
- Recognize the requirements regarding changes in accounting principles
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 4 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase