Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
TCJA Impact on Reasonable Compensation for S Corp Shareholder-Employees. - Video CourseCode: 20-COMPVID
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
2 Hr Video Self-Study
A broad overview of the reasonable compensation rules, including up-to-the-minute changes. Then, we'll cover how the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act affects decision-making in grey areas, and how to determine the optimum amount of compensation (within a reasonable range) for S corporation shareholder-employees.
We'll compare S corporations vs. LLCs under the new tax act. When do S corporations provide greater qualifying business income deductions (20% passthrough deduction) and when they provide less.
- Reasonable compensation case law.
- When to pay less compensation to increase the 20% passthrough deduction.
- When to pay a shareholder employee more compensation to increase the 20% passthrough deduction.
- What amount of wages optimizes the 20% passthrough deduction.
- When are S corporations better choices for reducing overall taxes and when aren't they.
- What is the "cost" of paying less in payroll taxes.
∑ ∑ Learn how determine "reasonable compensation" for S corporation shareholders.
∑ Apply the reasonable compensation rules in specific settings.
∑ Learn to maximize S corporation shareholders' 20% passthrough deduction.
∑ Apply a formula to determine the optimum amount of wages to maximize the 20% passthrough deduction.
∑ Adjust reasonable compensation (within a reasonable range) to maximize the 20% passthrough deduction.
Presentation Method: QAS Self-Study
CPE credit: 2 Hours
Program Level : Update
Prerequisites : None
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
No reviews yet.