Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
Goodwill Impairment TestingCode: 21-GOOD2
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
This course provides an overview of goodwill impairment testing. The accounting and reporting requirements related to goodwillare prescribed by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) in ASC Topic 350-20. This course focuses on topics such as the initial recognition of goodwill and subsequent measurement requirements including the accounting alternative allowed for certain eligible entities. This course also addresses the disclosure requirements for goodwill and is current through the issuance of ASU 2019-06.
After reading the materials, participants will be able to
- Identify the recognition requirements related to goodwill
- Recognize overall characteristics of goodwill impairment testing
- Differentiate between the qualitative and quantitative test of goodwill impairment
- Identify key characteristics of the accounting alternative for goodwill
- List the key disclosure requirements for goodwill and goodwill impairment losses
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 2 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
No reviews yet.