Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
Business Combinations OverviewCode: 21-BCOMB
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
This course provides an in-depth overview of the accounting and reporting requirements with respect to business combinations as prescribed byFinancial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) Topic 805, Business Combinations. The overall objective of the guidance included within ASC 805 is to improve the relevance, representational faithfulness, and comparability of the information that a reporting entity provides in its financial reports about a business combination and its effects.
After reading the materials, participants will be able to:
- Identify the definition of a business as it relates to a business combination transaction
- List the steps involved in the acquisition method
- Identify the acquisition date for a business combination
- Recognize how to measure goodwill and gains from bargain purchases
- Identify the measurement period for business combinations
- Recognize financial statement disclosures related to business combinations
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 2 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
No reviews yet.