Celebrating 25 years serving our friends and customers!
SECURE Act 2.0Code: 24R-SECURE
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
The SECURE Act 2.0 became law as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2023 enacted on December 29, 2022. It contains a wide range of provisions designed to encourage retirement savings. Additionally, it brings about changes affecting required minimum distributions, Roth IRAs and designated Roth accounts. The Act addresses desirable outcomes, including:
· Creating improved retirement security;
· Ensuring retirement income preservation;
· Simplifying retirement plan rules; and
· Enhancing federal revenue.
This course will discuss the various provisions of the Act, beginning with those provisions that are immediately effective and followed by those that become effective in subsequent years. In doing so, appropriate context is added to facilitate understanding of the pre-enactment environment and the impact of the legislative changes.
After completing this course, students should be able to describe the SECURE Act 2.0’s provisions including:
· Identifying the provisions designed to expand retirement plan coverage and increase retirement savings;
· Describing the provisions designed to enable plan participants to preserve their retirement income;
· Listing the provisions that simplify retirement plan rules; and
· Identifying those provisions designed to enhance federal revenue.
CPE credit: 4 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase