Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
Tax Return Preparer Ethical IssuesCode: 21-TAXPREP
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
This course will examine many of those rules, duties and restrictions as well as the sanctions imposed for their violation. In that examination of applicable rules, the course will discuss the requirements imposed on tax return preparers by them and will then present real-world scenarios focusing on specific ethical issues preparers may encounter in their professional activities. The preparer will be asked to analyze the scenario, identify the ethical issue or issues presented and determine an appropriate response.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the permitted scope of tax return preparer responsibilities;
- Identify the best practices for tax advisers in preparing or assisting in the preparation of a
submission to the Internal Revenue Service;
- List practitioner duties and restrictions with respect to –
- Information to be furnished to the IRS,
- The practice of law,
- Dealing with taxpayer omissions, errors and noncompliance with U.S. revenue laws,
- The requirement for preparer diligence as to accuracy,
- Return of client records,
- The existence of conflicts of interest, and
- Solicitation of business; and
- List the various sanctions that may be imposed for a preparer’s failure to comply with
applicable conduct rules.
CPE credit: 2 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
For more information regarding refunds, complaints, or cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 817-477-0222.
American CPE, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors at their website, www.NASBARegistry.org
NASBA Sponsor number 108096
No reviews yet.