Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get a free copy of the "2020 Coronavirus Tax Summary"
and "2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act Summary"
2021 Individual Filing RequirementsCode: 21-FILE
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
When filing a federal income tax return, it is very important to know who is actually required to file a return and the criteria surrounding the filing of a federal income tax return. Due to the inclusion of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law, filing requirements for individual taxpayers have been drastically altered. This course will focus on the updated filing requirements surrounding individual taxpayers across all filing types. Additionally, this course will go into detail regarding the updated basic standard deduction, additional standard deduction, personal deduction, and penalty amounts. Finally, this course will go over the filing of a deceased taxpayer’s federal income tax return and the treatment of decedent income.
Recognize the new standard deduction amounts across all filing statuses,
· Identify the requirements that must be met to file as any of the five filing statuses,
· Identify the new standard deduction and additional standard deduction amounts,
· Recognize the circumstances that will disallow taxpayers from taking the standard deduction,
· Identify when a taxpayer is required to file their federal income tax return,
· Recognize the various penalties associated with filing a return or paying taxes late, and
· Identify the tax responsibilities and treatment of income associated with a recently deceased taxpayer.
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 2 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
For more information regarding refunds, complaints, or cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 817-477-0222.
American CPE, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to: National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Ave. North, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
NASBA Sponsor number 108096
No reviews yet.