Professional Ethics for AccountantsCode: 18-ETHICS
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
This is an ethics course covering standards of professional conduct and business practices adhered to by accountants such as CPAs in order to enhance their profession and maximize idealism, justice and fairness when dealing with the public, clients and other members of their profession. It also presents an approach ‐‐the threats and safeguards approach to coping with ethical dilemmas. The Sarbanes‐Oxley Act and its impact on business ethics, new internal control requirements, and the CPAs responsibilities are summarized. Also included are some cases of AICPA ethics violations.
After reading the materials, participants will be able to:
- Recognize ethical reasoning used by accountants.
- Identifydifferent principles and rules of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Identifyindependence and objectivity issues.
- Recognize ethical standards and violations.
- Identifythe key issuesof corporate responsibility law (Sarbanes‐Oxley act) that influence auditor independence.
- Identify licensing and disciplinary mechanisms within the profession.
- Identify the ethical standards required ofaccountants and financial professionals by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
Presentation Method: QAS Self-Study
Category: Regulatory Ethics
CPE credit: 4 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
For more information regarding refunds, complaints, or cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 817-477-0222.
American CPE, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors at their website, www.learningmarket.org
NASBA QAS Sponsor number 108096