Choice of Entity - Mini CourseCode: 16-COE2
Add to Cart
Course description and objectives:
After reading the materials, participants will be able to:
1. Compare and contrast the central differences among business entities and the advantages and disadvantages associated with five basic business entity types.
2. Explain the tax attributes sole proprietorships, partnerships, LLCs, S corporations and C corporations and how each entity can be used to enhance tax and financial purposes and objectives.
3. Direct clients about the unique (e.g., self employment) and general taxes applicable to particular entities and the tax forms that may be required.
4. Describe the basic deductions that are permissible for each entity type and the conditions under which they are allowed.
5. Summarize the tax years, accounting methods and valuation methods that each entity type may use, and how the entities can be terminated.
6. Determine for different entity types the basis and the tax effect of sales, exchanges, transfers, contributions and distributions.
Presentation Method: Self-Study
CPE credit: 3 Hours
Program Level: Update
Advance Preparation: None
Exam expiration date: Participants must submit exams for grading within one year from the date of purchase
For more information regarding refunds, complaints, or cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 817-477-0222.
American CPE, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to: National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Ave. North, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
NASBA Sponsor number 108096